Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Tale of Two Boots

I have a fall/winter uniform when it comes to running errands on Saturday mornings: boots, skinny jeans or leggings and tank top underneath a button down, cardigan or sweater. These easy combinations are comfortable and require little thought but somehow (maybe it is the boots) make me feel a little more polished than I would just throwing on sweatpants.

Blouse: Kohl's
Tank: Old Navy
Jeans: New York & Company
Boots: Old Navy

Which brings me to the story about these boots. I have a hard time finding boots that fit my ginormous calves. On a quest to find a dark brown pair of equestrian style boots, I stumbled across these at Old Navy. I own another pair of Old Navy boots and find that their wide calf boots are always roomy and pretty affordable. I picked mine up for about $36 during a sale. This was my inaugural wearing. Later that day, I spilled nail polish remover all over the floor and splattered some on the boots that I had carelessly thrown to the side. Now the boots look tie-dyed. I am pretty bummed, especially since my own klutziness is to blame. Not sure how I will fix them (tips??? suggestions??? All would be appreciated) or if I will have to break down and buy another pair. They are worth it though.







My hair normally does not look this good. One of my Saturday errands was a hair appointment for the Marine Corps Birthday Ball later that night.




No comments:

Post a Comment