Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Too Much Of A Good Thing

It is a universal truth that fat kids like cake. I am kind of chunky henceforth I like desserts... usually. But last night I went to a Holiday Martini tasting at a local watering hole. I have been to the wine and beer versions of this tasting and they were fabulous. Unfortunately, said watering hole decided to pair super sweet martinis with desserts for all five courses. The Sugar Cookie martini got paired with... a fancy sugar cookie. The Gingerbread martini came with a chocolate gingerbread mousse. Five sickly sweet martinis accompanying five super sugary desserts. By round three, my entire party was making plans for a burrito run. Nothing like cheesy, salty, greasy goodness to cut through all that sweetness.

Dress: H.C.B (cute online store with great prices)
Blazer: Nicole Miller from JCPenney
Earrings and bracelet: Forever 21
Shoes: Payless

Remind me to never allow my husband-photographer to take a picture of me from the kneeling position. Bad angle.




Even the poor gingerbread man is drowning in sugar.
Trying to plow through the Sugar Cookie martinis. This is only Round 3.
 
Caught in the act showing down on a burrito post-party.

No comments:

Post a Comment